[DigiCam] ISO for 'auto' setting in misc. cameras?

ShirleyK ShirleyKat at cox.net
Wed Mar 17 21:21:04 PST 2004

I think that's typical of auto modes, including the Canon Digital Rebel
(an SLR). I seem to recall that some of my auto modes use ISO 400, but
since the CMOS sensor is bigger, it doesn't have the noise of smaller
CCDs. You only start to see some noise at ISO 1600.

I shoot in Program mode most of the time. It still picks an f-stop and
speed automatically, but uses the ISO I set. I can also rotate a dial
to choose a different combination of f-stop and speed that still works
(and set other things too).

By the way, what was wrong with the Coolpix pictures? I have the 995
and it still gets in closer than my Rebel's Macro lens plus closeup
screwed on the front of the lens. I have yet to produce anything like
the blue freesia closeup on my web site under the Macro Photos link
(http://homepage.mac.com/shirleykat).

Shirley