[DigiCam] Re: ISO for 'auto' setting in misc. cameras?

Tom Nugent Jr tomsubs at contracheck.com
Thu Mar 18 11:12:36 PST 2004

At 5:28 PM +1100 3/18/04, Adrian Smith wrote:
>Did you end up looking at the detailed reviews on dpreview.com or
>imaging-resource?

Yes I did.  The photos and timing data on Imaging Resource are
useful, but the written reviews are hard to use -- it seems he never
says anything bad about any camera!  I have to read between the lines
to see what's NOT said.  DPReview is great, but they don't review
that many cameras.

>Is the Canon G3 or G5 in your price range? Might be worth
>considering esp if you think about adding an external flash

I'll look into it.  The more I'm figuring out what I want, the more I
realize I'll need to spend more than $500.  I'm thinking about the
Olympus C5060 and the Nikon CP 5400 because they both have a 28mm
wide-angle ability built in, so I wouldn't have to buy an extra
wide-angle lens.  And yes, I'd love to be able to do bounce flash
most of the time.  But external flashes are _expensive_!!  (The one
for the Olympus is $500 itself!!)

  -- Tom