WaveLAN and OS 9.2

Edward Nilges nilges at hotpop.com
Wed Dec 4 12:13:22 PST 2002

Hey, I wanted to thank the list for the suggestions about the ctrl-click
freeze. Bottom line is I need to perform clean install but I fixed it by
clearing some things out of the context menu items folder.

One other interesting thing about the software my book shipped with. I had a
WaveLAN Silver out of an old graphite Airport base station. I found a bunch
of disabled Orinoco extentions and a cotrol panel in the extensions manager,
which I turned on and for a few glorious days I had wireless. Then it began
to grind to a halt and a reboot would be required, and now it hardly manages
to pick up DHCP though the signal strength control panel chugs along. I
noticed in the archives that this isn't the most reliable driver. I don't
know if I'll ultimately be running OS 8.6 or 9.1, but I gather that the
latest version of the Airport software for each is the best way to go short
of getting a new card?

Speaking of which has anyone performed the manual upgrade to 9.2 described
at www.os9forever.com? Did it work? Will it improve performance on 603e
machines?

Thanks,
Ed