Road Rocket plus Ebay tip

Edward Nilges nilges at hotpop.com
Wed Dec 4 12:32:08 PST 2002

A couple weeks ago I found an completed Dutch auction for these cards where
the number of bids received did not equal the number available. I found I
could simply click the Paypal link and submit my information and I now have
received the ($10) card, unfortunately sans cable, which it turns out the
auction never promised.

I believe this is a proprietary interface, or at least I don't know where it
can be obtained apart from this or some other PC Card, but I know the Road
Rocket origianally included two cables, VGA and Mac display. So, if anyone
can spare either one of their cables, doesn't matter which, I'd be grateful,
and willing to pay (a small amount plus shipping).

I've seen Peter Liethen's excellent guide to getting the card to work with a
2400c. Is it confirmed that CardBus is required, and if so, can one simply
clip the jumpers or resistors rather than go in for the full MCE upgrade? As
I understand it, the only difference is that MCE puts in a new cage, but if
the Road Rocket fits in the non-Cardbus type III to type II adapter (which
is on sale for $25 BTW
http://www.goessex.com/store/peripherals_ca_pcmcia.html ) this should be
immaterial, at least for this card.

Thanks,