[Duo2400] Re: Duo 230 Screen Problems

Jackie Lund jackie_lund at jmlgraphics.com
Thu Dec 5 09:58:36 PST 2002

>> I'm using a Duo 230 and the other day when I turned it on, the screen was
>> black, but you could hear it starting up. I've tried resetting the PRAM
> and
>> changing the contrast/brightness on the screen, but nothing change :(
>> Any idea's?
>
> Loose video cable?  Remove the keyboard and check/reseat the video cable.
> If that doesn't work, you may have a blown backlight bulb.

If you decide to try changing the bulb and need help getting to it, I have
pictures of how to do it. I have the same problem with my 2300 and changed
the bulb (as well as the cable) to no avail. I still get just the faint
outline of the Mac on the screen when I hold it up to a strong light. But I
at least figured out how to get inside the screen and work on it, for what
it's worth. I took pictures along the way and just put everything back the
way I found it according to the photos.

Jackie