[Duo2400] Re: Choice between Duo 2300c and 2400c

Ralph Mawyer mac2400 at satx.rr.com
Fri Dec 6 07:52:54 PST 2002

Larry, FWIW, I reposted a summary of the 2400 for Newbies on mac2400.
It might be worth a quick read if you decide to consider that model.

>I've never had a 2300 but the speed, memory and upgrade path of a 2400 would
>make it my choice. A stock 2400 could probably be had less than $300, but
>once you drop in a cheap 20gb hard drive you'll never regret it. Other than
>my old 6100 the 2400 was the first computer I've ever opened up and I was
>able to successfully install a 400mhz cpu upgrade. It's cardbus upgradeable.
>Need I go on? I will if I have toŠ
>
>Andy
>
>>  Hello all, just joined this list. I've used macs since my SE/20 FDHD
>>  back in 89. I have one initial question.
>>
>>  I am looking to pick up an older Powerbook to fool around with and
>>  wanted to know which of these two you guys favor. I know the 2400 is
>>  faster, but it is also more expensive. I'll use it to play older games
>>  and some light net usage.
>>
>>  Thanks.
>>
>>  Triumph Larry

>To switch to the DIGEST mode, E-mail to
><DuoList-digest at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
>Need help from a real person? Try.
><DuoList-request at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
>
>----------
>Dr. Bott  | 10/100 Ethernet for your 2400 is finally here!
>MPC-100   | <http://www.drbott.com/prod/mpc100.html>
>
>   RoadTools $30 PodiumPad available at Apple retail stores, $20 Traveler
>   CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>
>
>Midwest Mac Parts  ][  <http://www.midwestmac.com>
>After-market parts  for Macs.   ][  888-356-1104 ][
>
>MacResQ Specials: LaCie SCSI CDR From $99! PowerBook 3400/200 Only $879!
>Norton AntiVirus 6 Only $19! We Stock PARTS! <http://www.macresq.com>

Ralph Mawyer, Jr.
San Antonio, Texas

Associate Editor
mac2400 ... http://www.sineware.com/mac2400
Your PowerBook 2400 Reference Site
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin, 1759.