Choice between 2400 and 2300

Joshua Rodefer jsr at wjh.harvard.edu
Sun Dec 8 05:45:55 PST 2002

I've had the pleasure of using both, and I'll echo what others have already
said:
- both are nice small machines, but the 2300 is more easily toted around
town (it's thinner and just a bit lighter)
- if you want something that resembles a more modern (ie, current) computer
experience, the 2400 is the choice as it trumps the 2300 in processor,
memory, video, HD, and ports.
- the 2300 seems more 'vintage', however, if you are just doing basic tasks
(eg, email, word processing, etc) then it is fine (ie typing  a document in
MS Word is relatively the same whether you are on a SE/30 or a G3)
- batteries for the 2300 are more easily obtainable than those for the 2400
(can cost as much as the machine), but only an issue if you plan on using
the portability of the machine.

-J