[Duo2400] Re: Software for a 2400c

francis.fitzpatrick at att.net francis.fitzpatrick at att.net
Sun Dec 8 07:18:29 PST 2002

Dear Ralph:

Thank you for your kind note.  There was a LOT of data there.  I've taken your
advice and done a core dump of http://www.sineware.com/mac2400.

In answer to your questions, I have a G3/400, with 112 megs with a 6 gig hard
drive as the primary and a plain jane 603c/180, with 80 megs and a 2 gig hard
drive as the backup.  I expect to send both off to Kevin at MCE for a checkup
(including enabling the CardBus if necessary) and bigger hard drives.  I have a
Skyline wireless card, Global Village modem/Ethernet card and a USB card.  I
hope to get a Firewire card.  USB seems more intuitive than SCSI -- esp. as I
have some USB accessories like a 250 Zip and a CD-RW already. (Still haven't
figured out how to get either one to get on the Internet through the modem,
Ethernet or wireless net.)

For those like me switching from PC, the www.apple.com/switch site is pretty
helpful.  I'm adding DAVE to the G3 to help transfer files between our various
computers.

Thank you again for all of the great advice.

Francis Fitzpatrick