kamas instructions

Julian julian-w at cyborg.ne.jp
Mon Dec 9 08:35:28 PST 2002

> The Kamas stand that I bought from Bill at MacImports arrived from Japan
> this afternoon. I am excited. The craftsmanship is awesome! Now if I could
> only figure out how to put it together. It came with more screws than I
> had expected :) Would anyone here who read japanese please help.
> The instruction is at:
>
> http://www.10k.org/jake/comet/kamas.html
>
> Thanks.
>
> jake

Jake,

I have absolutly no idea what this is, but here is the abridged version of
your instructions:

**********************

Suparuta kamasu Instructions!

Thanks for buying the Suparuta kamasu, blah, blah, blah...

As delivered from the factory the Suparuta "front part" depth is 20.5mm (it
can be adjusted from 20.5mm up to 40.5mm in 10mm steps). The width is 294mm
(it can be adjusted from 240mm up to 330mm in 18mm steps)

1. Parts List:

[1] Bolts 4 off
[2] Bolts with washers 4 off
[3] Sleeves 8 off
[4] Slider 4 off
[5] Gia (Gear?) Sheet 1 piece

[4] To avoid scratching you computer we recommend that you put these sliders
on the front panel (where you put your computer) of the Suparuta. Place the
sliders so that they match the position of your computer's feet.

[5] Gear Sheet. Cut to the necessary length and to stop your computer from
sliding around and getting scratched - stick  onto the Sleeves.

2. Changing the depth

As in the picture on the right, remove the screw already in the "front part"
and thread on the sleeve [3], using bolts [1] and [2], put back into place.
With 1 sleeve [3] you can extend the depth 10mm.

3. Changing the width

As in the picture on the right, on the back of the front part there a series
are holes 9mm apart. Remove the bolt and select the hole that matches the
width of your computer.

There you go. As I say, it would probably help if I could see the thing, but
I daresay you'll work it out.

Best,

Julian.