[Duo2400] Re: 190/5300 RAM [was 2300 speed vs. 280 speed]

Ivan Drucker ivanxqz at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 10 17:03:49 PST 2002

Not an Apple Airport card, but any third party 802.11b/WiFi card which
has Mac drivers will work fine, even on unmodified 2400's (i.e. the card
doesn't require Cardbus). I used a Farallon (now Proxim) Skyline 11 Mbps
card with an Apple Airport Base Station and it worked great. (If I were
buying the same today, I'd buy a third-party base station instead such as
a Linksys, since both the price and feature set of Apple's ABS are poor
when compared to most other routers on the market which work just as well
if not better. But it was the cheapest and best then.)

So, yes, the 2400 can go wireless.

Ivan.