[Duo2400] Foreign Language Posting

Nicole kludgrrl at sympatico.ca
Tue Dec 10 18:58:30 PST 2002

>Paul,
>
>Vous ressemblez à américain stéréotypé car vous voulez que tout
>soit dit et écrit en anglais,  Mais il y a beaucoup d'anglophobes
>dans le monde.  Ne soyez pas xénophobe vous-même.
>
>Si les messages en langue étangère vous gênent, ignorez-les.
>Il y a des choses bien pires affichées sur cette liste de
>discussion que quelques centaines de mots en allemand échangés
>par deux amis de temps à autre.
>
>Cordialment,
>
>Robert
>
>on 12/10/02 20:08, Duo/2400 List at DuoList at lists.themacintoshguy.com wrote:
>
>>  I don't appreciate foreign language items on this list.  Am I the
>>  only one?
>  > Paul

I hope you are.  Sure, *I* can't read German, but whose fault is
that?  Surely not the poster!  Let's prove the stereotypes about
Americans wrong (for I am American by birth, despite my defection to
the Great White North).

And, for all the anglophones out there, let me translate the above
message (albeit in freeform), and second its sentiments

>"Paul,
>
>you seem like a stereotypical American for you want everything to be
>said and written in English.  But there are lots of Anglophobes in
>the world.  Don't be xenophobic.
>
>If messages in foreign languages bug you, then ignore them.  There
>are certainly worse things posted to this discussion list than a few
>hundred words in German, occasionally exchanged between two friends.
>
>Sincerely,
>
>Robert"

Bien dit Robert!  Let's keep this the *friendliest* place on the net, eh?

Nicole