[Duo2400] Sony PRD-250 drive cable

Azamat G. Farrakhov adin at bashnet.ru
Wed Dec 11 12:12:24 PST 2002

-- [ From: Azamat G. Farrakhov * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

> From: Thoma W Mattox \ Internet: (twmattox at lycos.com)
> To:   Duo2400 \ Internet: (duolist at lists.themacintoshguy.com)
>
> Subject: [Duo2400] (No Subject)
>
> Hello.  To begin, I am contacting the list regarding a piece of hardware
> commonly used with a Duo (not regarding a Duo itself).
>
> I am trying to locate a cable for a Sony PRD-250 portable SCSI CD-rom
Drive.  I
> have a cable that is HDI-30 on one end and hooks into the drive on the
other
> end I am not sure what the connector is(I have been told it is Sony
propritary
> and have also been told it may be a form of mini-din).  However, I am
looking
> for a cable that is DB-25 instead of HDI-30.
>
> Does anyone know what type of connector this is that hooks into the drive?
Is
> it a form of mini-din?
>
> Does anyone have the cable I am looking for?  Want to sell?  Possibly want
> trade?
>
> Finally, I was interested in what drivers you use for the drive.  My disks
have
> become fried recently.
>
> Thanks...

I'm using Sony PRD-250 drive with my PC notebook. However the
 drive is connected to my laptop through PCMCIA SCSI-2 adapter
 (Adaptec, FCC ID FGT1460A, possibly this card compatible with
 standard Adaptec APA-1460A PCMCIA SCSI card). As I know,
 the connector on cable, used to connect to PCMCIA card, called
 SLIM-SCSI. Adapatec have APA 1460A PCMCIA SCSI card where
 one side of cable have SLIM-SCSI connector and another side
 have DB-25 (or other SCSI) connector. I'm sure you can found
 such cables separately on the internet [search terms: slim-scsi to db25]

Additional info:
The cable between of my PRD-250 and PCMCIA SCSI-2 adapter
 have male connector with two rows of 13 pins on plate (below
 and above, 26 pins total) to connect to the CD-ROM drive.
 Have you the same connector on your cable? I don't know
 what the specification name of this connector but the cable,
 used to connect Ext. Floppy Drive to my PowerBook 2400c,
 have THE SAME connector! I.e. my PB2400 have female
 connector (for ext.floppy drive) absolutely the same as
 the connector on my Sony PRD-250 CD-ROM drive.
 Small note: on both cables specified above, connector
 have letters: MOLEX (name of manufacturer?).

 I have seen many cables on http://www.pacificcable.com,
 http://www.pacificcable.com/CiscoCables.htm

Sorry for English, Azamat, mailto:adin at bashnet.ru