Sony PRD 250 Cable

Thoma W Mattox twmattox at lycos.com
Wed Dec 11 11:44:39 PST 2002

Sorry, I am now on the digest mode and am not sure how to respond other than to repost.

Yes, my cable is 2 rows of 13 pins.  I was told the technical term for the end was "MCX26 pins for SCSI".  It was manufactured specifically for this CD drive and exclusively for Sony.  Sony has 3 cables (an HDI-30, the SCSI card, and a Centrix-50), but no longer has any available.  I have the cable with the HDI-30 end, but need to connect it to my SCSI chain (either Centrix-50, DB-25, or SCSI II).  Thanks for the idea on connecting the card cable (I was just hoping for something a little less indepth).  If I have to, I will go this route, though.  Any links to that adapter you mentioned would be appreciated...

Does anyone have an extra cable for sale? preferably the Centrix-50???

Thanks...