ON Topic: Inverter Board

Robert R. Daniel rrdaniel2 at mac.com
Thu Dec 12 07:23:00 PST 2002

Just curious:  what is the function of the inverter board in Duo
screen?  I know that inverters convert DC to AC and/or vice versa.
Why is there an inverter in the screen?  As I understand it, the
Duo power supply converts AC to DC for charging the battery and
running the motherboard.  I presume the hard drive also runs
using DC electricity.  Is the function of the inverter board in the
display to turn DC back into AC for the Cold Cathode Fluorescent
backlight bulb?  If that's the case, how does one test for a bad
inverter board as opposed to a bad CCF?

Thanks in advance for any enlightenment anyone may provide.
(And apologies for my ignorance.)

Best wishes,

Robert