[Duo2400] OT: Add HD to IBM Thinkpad R-Series?

Impmon impmon at tds.net
Sun Dec 15 11:34:47 PST 2002

> I need to get a Thinkpad for my wife. (Mac is not an option...so
> don't bother. ;-)
>
> I've found a good price on a no RAM/noHD machine.  The RAM is easy to
> install.  Anyone know what it takes to add a harddrive to the R32
> series?
>
> It's probably the same as the A-Series, if that helps.

Probably a 2.5" hard drive for starter.  I'm not familiar with Thinkpad
series but the one I had uses 80MB 2.5" IDE drive.  If you already got the
laptop, see if the IDE cable is present.  Also check the BIOS to see what
the maximum HD size it can physically address as some really early model
(probably 386's) only goes to 545MB and later (486's and early Pentiums) to
2GB and so on.