[Duo2400] First Questions

Carlson mariner at mts.net
Fri Dec 20 11:43:00 PST 2002

> So my 2400 arrived half an hour ago, wow, very cool.
>
> So here are my first questions:
> 1. There are a row of 10 lights on the front-left (I'm assuming they show
> battery strength), how do they work?
Lights? What lights? The only light is on the latch.
> 2. The keyboard is "sunk in" at the bottom right. On the Duos this was because
> the screws on the underside were too tight. Is this a simple fix like
> loosening some screws? The keys work just fine.
The palmrest has a slight "thickening" between the arrow keys and the space
bar. This may create the illusion of a sunken keyboard but is really just
elegant form factor in action. Unless yours is actually busted. Check the
alignment of the keys along the top edge and sides of the keyboard. Should
be relatively consistent all the way around.
> 3a. One site I came across said that some of the latter 2400s came with
> cardbus already enabled, if so how can I tell?
Hard to tell without trying a cardbus card. I don't know any other way,
short of opening the machine and knowing what to look for inside.
> 3b. Are there an pre-cardbus pc-card harddrives?
PC card hds suck, why would you want one? They're slow and small and
expensive. For about $150 you could put a 5400rpm 40gb 8mb buffer ibm in it.
> Thats it fro ight now.

Andy