[Duo2400] First Questions

RDX r-d-x at hotpop.com
Fri Dec 20 11:46:41 PST 2002

larry.s.f at mindspring.com wrote:

>So my 2400 arrived half an hour ago, wow, very cool.
>
>So here are my first questions:
>1. There are a row of 10 lights on the front-left (I'm assuming they show
>battery strength), how do they work?

hmmm those are no lights, behind those holes is the internal speaker, i
will add leds to new batteries though.

>2. The keyboard is "sunk in" at the bottom right. On the Duos this was because
>the screws on the underside were too tight. Is this a simple fix like
>loosening some screws? The keys work just fine.

try loose the palm rest, you need to watch the famous 2400c disassemble
video

>3a. One site I came across said that some of the latter 2400s came with
>cardbus already enabled, if so how can I tell?

install the os 9.1 and plug in a cardbus card (usb, firewire, 10/100 lan
card)

>3b. Are there an pre-cardbus pc-card harddrives?

ibm micro drives and toshiba ones, they use pcmcia slot not cardbus