96meg RAM chips for 2400

Philip Lord philip at namaikicycles.com
Fri Dec 20 17:05:57 PST 2002

Hi everyone,
My name is Philip Lord, and I live in Tokyo, Japan.

Occasionally I am lucky enough come across the extremely hard to find
96meg RAM chips for the 2400.

I was wondering what sort of interest there would be from people on
this list who wanted to purchase one of these chips. I have seen one
place in the USA that sells these for about US$400. I think I could do
much better that this price...judging from the prices that I have seen,
I'm guessing that I could probably sell these for about US$250-270 (of
course ever changing exchange rates come into play a little to).
Shipping will probably be about $10-$15.
People wanting one would have to wait as there would be no guarantees
that I could find one quickly or that it would be new. They are rare,
even here in Japan, and finding one may take some time. It doesn't seem
to make any difference in the prices that I have seen whether they are
new or used.

Anyway, this would involve a lot of time and monetary investment from
me, so at present I'm just trying to gauge peoples interest.

Phil