[Duo2400] Re: Which browser? & 96meg RAM

Greg M pailface88 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 21 08:58:38 PST 2002

--- Carlson <mariner at mts.net> wrote:
> Worst piece of crap everS
>
> > Netscape 6

My comment is not so much about browsers for the 2400 as browsers for
the Mac in general. It seems that the majority of Mac users think EI or
Icab are real fast. The majority also say Netscape 4.7x is the worst.

I try every new browser that comes out, including Opera 6.0 just
released yesterday. I have tried Opera, Icab, Mozilla, Netscape 6 and
7, IE 5.1 (all for Mac) and I always come back to Netscape 4.7

It seems they all have some advantages and disadvantages. Some are
faster on some types of pages etc. But, to me none of them is
significantly better than any of the others. I find Netscape 4.79 to be
faster than most in most aspects, and generally more capable than most.
It can go places the others cannot. IE can go a few places that NS 4.79
can't.

I have tried everything I can think of to try to get the faster
performance that others claim to get with all the non-NS4.7x browsers
but always come back to NS.

What am I missing, or what is the rest of the world missing? Why do I
prefer NS4.79 and everyone else can't stand it?

Greg