[Duo2400] need some drive tech help

Greg M pailface88 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 28 11:36:23 PST 2002

--- Drew Johnson <captain_drew at alphabreeze.net> wrote:
>   I have recently come into possession of a neat, almost new APS
> external hard drive case, apparently made for PowerBooks/Laptops.
>
> If you are familiar with the wonderful product line by Applied
> Peripherals Systems (APS) you know the craftsmanship and
> indestructibility built into these cases.
>
> This case is the standard PowerBook "gray"; it is smaller than the
> usual
> external case (9"x 6" x 1.5") for portability; it only has one (vice
> the
> usual 2) 50-pin SCSI port on the back and comes with a 110v to 9v
> transformer/power adapter.
>
> I knew it was smaller than the regular cases, but I figured they had
> engineered it so that I could simply drop one of the many Quantum or
> Seagate SCSI drives I use to upgrade the regular external cases. Not
> so.
> When I opened the case, I found it did not look at all like the
> standard
> cases. There could be, but there is not room enough to put a
> "standard"
> 3.5 drive in there, not to mention the wiring is not what I am used
> either. The SCSI connector is a 50-pin, but somewhat smaller than the
>
> standard internal connector, so I might have to find a connector too.
>
> See it for yourself at:

http://www.farm-boy-navy-pilot-airline-captain.com/powerbook_aps_case.jpg

I am not sure what you have there by your description, or the picture,
but I have a listing on eBay right now that you might look at and see
if it is the kind of device that would solve your problem:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4601&item=2083692896

Greg