PowerBook Duo 270c HD problem

Reverend Darkness rev_darkness at ev1.net
Mon Nov 25 10:12:32 PST 2002

I have rescued a Duo 270c from being thrown out, and was excited to have
this little thing.  I was going to start from scratch with a format and
clean install of OS 7.6.1, but have only gotten half way there...

When I ran the Apple HD SC Setup, I was able to start an Initialization.
The init runs fine, but I always get an error on "Verifying format", and now
it doesn't even recognize the hard disk!

I am a "newbie" to old Mac stuff, as the first Mac I ever worked on was a
PowerBook G3 Lombard.

Any ideas?  Anyone?

Sincerely,

The Reverend Doctor

--
"In order to see the Light, you must first know the Darkness..."
 - Reverend Darkness