Ctrl-click freeze

Edward Nilges nilges at hotpop.com
Sat Nov 30 10:16:33 PST 2002

Hey all, I just received my 2400c, and it looks great. I was wondering if
anyone has run into the first problem I'm having with it. Ctrl-clicking any
icon freezes the computer. One of the items is a Color Stylewriter with an X
through it that belonged to the previous owner. When I ctrl-clicked that and
it happened for the first time I thought it had something to do with it not
being connected, but no, it happened when I ctrl-clicked the trash and the
HD and now even icons in Finder windows, but NOT the desktop itself. I'm
running what the previous owner called a clean install of OS9.1. I'm going
to email and ask him, but he won't be back until Monday.

I plan on learning the hardware at a pretty in-depth level as that's half
the fun for me, but I just wanted to see if it's something obvious.

Thanks in advance,
Ed