[Duo2400] GLOD it seems on my 2400

Brian Getz briang113 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 1 15:49:34 PST 2003

> I tried the two different PM resets from Sidney Ho's
> page at Mac2400 site.

If you tried all the reset steps and no luck it does
look like a power board problem.

> no luck, no startup green light comes back and stays
> steady.
> ---

??????  light is on or is not on?
it does make a difference.  could be as easy as a
fuse, or worst case a dead board

if you don't want to or don't have the ability to
repair yourself $150 is cheap way to go.

The G3 is nice but if you are happy with the way it is
now, don't spend the money.

> This is a stock 2400 in very nice shape with 80 mb
> ram and a 10gb
> toshiba drive (from ti-book).
> i don't have a g3 in it. but i do have a 2nd battery
> and a nice
> wireless card and a dockking staiton for it
>
> DTT , Brian, says he is 99% sure it is the I/O
> board. I assume this
> is the same power I/O board others have had
> replaced. He says $150
> and i should be up and running.
> If i had a G3 upgrade to install now would certainly
> be the time to add one.
>
> Anyone got any G3 upgrades , or any other fixes i
> can attempt?
>
> It seems to me that if i were to get another of
> these $300 2400's
> from ebay or this list that i would be getting the
> same old powerI/O
> board and not a new one.
>
> ANy thoughts on the viability of this old 2400?
> thanks...
> Bon

=====
Brian Getz