[Duo2400] Re: GLOD it seems on my 2400

Wayne Yarnall wayne at yarnall.org
Tue Apr 1 16:05:33 PST 2003

>??????  light is on or is not on?
>it does make a difference.  could be as easy as a
>fuse, or worst case a dead board
>=====
>Brian Getz
>Personal Email briang113 at yahoo .com

I just gave up on a 2400 with GLOD and just took the hard drive and memory out and put it in my spare parts pile.

I tried several of the long power resets and even left the internal backup battery disconnected all night with power off and never had the big removable battery in at all.

In my case doing the shorter 15 second resets would result in toggling the Green Light.  One time it would remain on after the reset and the next time it would remain off.

So did I miss any other clues here?

I was assuming I needed a new power-I/O board but since this was a free machine it wasn't worth spending much on since I have two 5300s and a 190.

Is there any component replacement on the power board that a skilled technician can do?  I have been a ham radio operator for  45 years.   I haven't looked closely at the board but have sort of decided not to try and repair multi-layer modern boards.  But give me a single layer board and I can almost completely rebuild it.

I broke a home TV CRT board in two pieces and managed to repair it and am watching it today.

Wayne