[Duo2400] Re: Trackpad Repair

Ralph Mawyer mac2400 at satx.rr.com
Thu Apr 3 18:42:51 PST 2003

>If you are talking about the clicker, be a bit more specific about
>what's broke.

dprice said>>>
>The trackpad button drags geometric type lines across the screen as
>if I were holding it down and moving the cursor; plus, nothing
>happens when I double-click on an icon.

Sounds like hardware...

>Second, I disabled the trackpad in control panels yet it continued
>to work. And it also won't respond when I try to use it for clicking
>though the clicking function has been enabled in trackpad
>preferences. I am at a total loss.

Sounds like software...

Wild card, but trying tossing the preferences and even reloading the
trackpad control panel.

Any hardware jockies out there messed with the trackpad connections? Ivan?

Ralph Mawyer, Jr.
San Antonio, Texas

Associate Editor
mac2400 ... http://www.sineware.com/mac2400
Your PowerBook 2400 Reference Site
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin, 1759.