[Duo2400] Cardbus problem

Clark Martin cmmac at sonic.net
Fri Apr 11 19:58:03 PDT 2003

At 7:23 PM -0700 4/11/2003, Brian Getz wrote:
>I just cardbus enabled my 2400.
>Opened it up snipped the yellow wires reassembled and
>restarted. I downloaded and installed USB card Support
>1.4.1 using tomeviewer.
>Installed the following files
>
>HID Library
>serialShimLib
>USB Device Extension
>USB Mass Storage Extension
>USB Mass Storage Support
>USB Software locator
>USB Support
>
>After restart I get an error message that read
>
>"The USB Support extension is currently disabled.
>Please refer to the USB DDK documentation to enable
>this extension"
>
>When the macally USB card is inserted it shows up on
>the desktop, however wheni plug in devices they do not
>work. So far have tries Apple optical mouse and
>standard USB mouse, also PALm Cable that hotsynchs and
>charges the palm. it does power the palm but no hot
>synch.

Run Apple System Profiler and see if it identifies the USB card as a
generic or by type.  Also see if it shows the USB (as a separate
device, USB 0 and possibly USB 1).  Also is does the USB appear on
the Desktop as a generic card  or identified.

Try booting with the card inserted (or insert it after boot but
before the extensions star loading).
--
Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA, USA