[Duo2400] continue to need help w/2400

Philip Mrozinski mstudio at mhtc.net
Mon Apr 14 05:27:29 PDT 2003

> Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 22:29:17 -0500
> From: David Price <dprice145 at cox.net>
> Subject: [Duo2400] continue to need help w/2400
>
> I am simply trying to WP with this 180/48 running 8.6. Its
> performance is so slow that it hesitates when I click on a folder.
> When typing the letters also hesitate before appearing on the
> desktop. so frustrating when writing.

I'm in on this late, but have you tried the simple things like
restarting with extension off? How about booting from the system CD to
see if the problem is still present? You could try removing all non
original RAM, also make sure no peripherals are connected to the unit.
Are you using a mouse since the trackpad is not working? Could that be
the problem? Have you run any disk first aid programs (could be a funky
hard drive)? This sounds like a trial and error type of problem.
Good luck,
Phil