Rebuilding Batteries

T (W) Virkkala virkkala at wirkman.com
Wed Apr 16 18:11:22 PDT 2003

I've changed the string name. Mike, re: Duo 280c and 2300c use same RAM?,
wrote:

> I love these little Macs -- too bad I can't find any decent batteries for
> it without spending a fortune!

We've discussed on this list before the rebuilding of Duo batteries. I've
lost those emails, and the bookmarks. But here is a page about it:

http://www.fastlight.demon.co.uk/jg/duobatt.html

So, if I dared do this, I might be able to have a usable battery for my
280c....

Would it be a fortune? I haven't priced the inner-batteries yet.

I'd be curious to hear again from those who've rebuilt their batteries.
Obviously Mike might find this interesting, too.

(I hollowed one of them out to use as a
> light-weight "filler" for the battery compartment, since all of the dead
> ones I have cause it to shut down when inserted.)

I have no problem with the useless battery in my current Duo. But perhaps
I'll hollow one of them out to make the Duo lighter when travelling. (I
just plug the thing in wherever I can - even on a train!) It does seem
heavy for its size, though I know it's light by laptop standards.

¢¢

"I junk all emails that aren't ASCII"