Duo 280c and 2300c use same RAM?

Lizard1 at aol.com Lizard1 at aol.com
Wed Apr 16 17:47:05 PDT 2003

Yup, I realized that after I opened them both up.  It still worked out fine,
though.  The RAM card in the 280 was a 36mb and the one in the 2300 was a
14mb, so I just swapped them, and both seem to be working just fine, and now
we have enough built-in memory on the 2300 to run Ferazel's Wand and a bunch
of emulated Gameboy games (among other things) on our long drive to Florida
tomorrow!

Plus, I was finally able to get our digital camera to connect to it through
the serial port, so now I can easily off-load the images to the 500mb
partition I set up on the HD, eliminating the necessity for me to go buy a
bigger CompactFlash card.

I love these little Macs -- too bad I can't find any decent batteries for it
without spending a fortune!  (I hollowed one of them out to use as a
light-weight "filler" for the battery compartment, since all of the dead ones
I have cause it to shut down when inserted.)

Thanks!
Mike

In a message dated 4/16/03 10:56:22 AM, DuoList at lists.themacintoshguy.com