2400c battery rebuild

Brian Getz briang113 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 17 14:30:30 PDT 2003

Okay,I made an attempt at rebuilding the spare battery
for my 2400. I got the replacement cells and the
proweld(for resealing case) everything went well,
until I was making my final connection, I cross
circuited something by touching the soldering iron
across a connection. Something sparked. I was hoping
all I did was  a battery terminal cross, but after I
was done the computer will not charge the battery, it
knows it is there, but no charging. I am assuming that
I blew a fuse on the PC board inside the battery case.

I did a visual inspection but there is nothing
obvious.

Does anyone have any experience with these boards?

Any Suggestions on how to test it?

Thanks

Brian

=====