duo 230 sticky keyboard

Marc Sira toh at victoria.tc.ca
Sat Apr 19 11:27:18 PDT 2003

> Just as a gentle reminder... Don't get carried away with the eraser. I
> completely erased a trace in one spot, trying to get the oxidation off.
> :-) Rub gently--very gently.

What he said. ;)  It's not actually that likely that you'll erase one of
the wide contact pads, but the surrounding traces are narrower and more
delicate and you need to be constantly careful of them.  I did in fact erase
one once, and successfully fixed the break with conductive ink. However, I
think that was also with a pink eraser. The soft white ones are much kinder
and you can be more vigorous (and if there's years of tarnish on the pads
you'll probably need to be sometimes).

Marc Sira		|	toh at victoria.tc.ca
If you can't play with words, what good are they?