[Duo2400] OS 8.6 conflicts?

Jon Glass jonglass at usa.net
Sun Apr 20 13:07:43 PDT 2003

On Sun, 20 Apr 2003 09:34:27 -0700, THE ROCK wrote:
> When I launch I.E
> 5.1 the brawser does not completely launch but kind of get's stuck
> midway. All I then get is some kind of buzzing some. I here the hard
> drive turning or trying to, then the buzzing sound. This goes on until I
> turn the computer off; using ctrl ,open apple command, power off button.
> There was no problem under OS 8.1. I just installed MS office 2001.

I don't know if this could be your problem, but I once had this problem
with IE 5.1, and deleting my history file from the finder fixed it. It
turns out I had a corrupt entry in the history that IE couldn't handle.
It might also keep Office from working correctly, if it accesses this
file (I also had Word 2001 problems when this file was corrupt, and
maybe even Entourage problems, but memory isn't so strong on the
Entourage point).
--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland