[Duo2400] Will this power adapter work with a Duo 230?

Jon Glass jonglass at usa.net
Sun Apr 27 07:01:42 PDT 2003

on 4/27/03 1:20 PM, Small Moose Ltd at small_moose_ltd at mac.com wrote:

> I've found a guy selling an Apple Powerbook 45w power adapter Model M3037
> (APS-76) DC out 24v 1.88a
>
> He claims it will work with all Powerbooks raging from the 190 to 3400.
> Will it work with a Duo 230? It may sound silly after what he's said, but on
> my technical information sheet, it says the Duo uses an AC100-240v at 1.0A
>
> Will his 1.88a be too much for the 1.0a requirements of the Duo or am I just
> splitting hairs? I should mention at this point that I know nothing about
> currents and what is potentially damaging to the computer, so I would be
> glad of any advice to make sure :)

I use the power supply for a 1400 on a Duo 230, which is, I think, the one
you are describing. It hasn't caused any problems in several years. :-) BTW,
I believe the Duo 2300 uses a power supply with the same ratings, and it is
also supposed to be compat. with the 230. I say go for it.
--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland

deserve neither liberty nor safety." --Benjamin Franklin

Sent using the Entourage X Test Drive.