[Duo2400] Will this power adapter work with a Duo 230?

Andrew W. Hill jessicat at jmug.org
Sun Apr 27 07:06:35 PDT 2003

>I've found a guy selling an Apple Powerbook 45w power adapter Model M3037
>(APS-76) DC out 24v 1.88a
>
>He claims it will work with all Powerbooks raging from the 190 to 3400.
>Will it work with a Duo 230? It may sound silly after what he's said, but on
>my technical information sheet, it says the Duo uses an AC100-240v at 1.0A
>
>Will his 1.88a be too much for the 1.0a requirements of the Duo or am I just
>splitting hairs? I should mention at this point that I know nothing about
>currents and what is potentially damaging to the computer, so I would be
>glad of any advice to make sure :)

Amperage indicates maximum current draw.  You can't burn something
out with too much current.  Voltage is different :)
Yeah, the Duos, the 190/5300, the 1x00 series (including Kanga G3)
all can take the same.  Pretty much so do the G3 laptops (up to
Pismo) and the first iBooks.  The later ones ned 45W, the 2400 takes
36W iirc and the Duo's need something under 30W I think.  So
back-compatible, not really forwards-compatible
I think, that is
Andrew