Tick of death!

Small Moose Ltd small_moose_ltd at mac.com
Sun Apr 27 09:40:18 PDT 2003

Thanks for all your help regarding the power adapter. Now only an hour or
two ago I was fiddling under the hood of the Duo Dock. I put it all back
together, switched it on and heard for the first time what I think is the
dreaded tick of death. I switch on at the mains, and I clear a clear
repeated ticking sound coming directly from the Duo Docks power supply. Is
this the capacitor that only costs a few cents to replace? That will mean a
little soldering is involved, yes? I haven't done any of that since my
second year in high school!