[Duo2400] Re: Will this power adapter work with a Duo 230?

Small Moose Ltd small_moose_ltd at mac.com
Sun Apr 27 09:47:55 PDT 2003

On 27/4/03 5:22 pm, "John Acuff" <jacuff1 at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Totally different plug!
> The 5300 power supply uses a regular sub-mini coax plug, but the 3400
> one has an RCA-style plug....

Well, I've had a look at a picture of it, and the plug appears to be the
correct type to fit the Duo. The only thing I'm wondering is that I've
previously tried an iBook power adapter on the Duo, and while it worked, it
gave a pretty serious ghosting effect  on the Duo's screen. When docked in
the Duo Dock everything is fine as the video is being shown through the
Apple 14" monitor.

I was just wondering if the iBooks adaptor (original clamshell type) was
putting too much juice through the Duo and causing this ghosting effect, or
if I would experience the same thing when I use the correct adaptor for it.
I find it hard to imagine that would be the case, as really this Duo (and
the Dock) are in mint condition. Not a scratch on the Duo cosmetically. And
to think it was going to have a brick put through it before being thrown on
the skip!