[Duo2400] Re: Duo 230 Dead PRAM or Battery

Tom and Lisa P gionpeters at comcast.net
Tue Aug 5 19:05:02 PDT 2003

>Have you got a pic of the adapter? Care to share some details about
>how you made and use
>it?
>Chuck
>

>From: Tom and Lisa P <gionpeters at comcast.net>
>I made a little adapter that charges only one cell, and that
>gets both to 3.0 V.  After that the PRAM seems to do better.
>
>On the other hand, I could just be nuts.
>
>Mad Dog

Remind me this weekend to take a pic, but basically, I bought a small
surfboard (a blank PCB with a few contacts - from digikey) and I
pulled the female PRAM socket froma dead Duo motherboard.  I cut the
trace leading to the battery that usually gets charged, so all the
Duo sees is the cell that is normally undercharged.  Its just a unit
that goes between the Duo motherboard and the battery.

Mad Dog