Try a new Finder

Drew Johnson captain_drew at alphabreeze.net
Sun Aug 10 17:28:11 PDT 2003

Duo/2400 List wrote:

> ---------------Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 13:54:13 -0400
>
>Subject: [Duo2400] 2400c - finder quits on restart on a fresh OS install
>From: Leigh Honeywell <leigh.honeywell at utoronto.ca>
>
>Help!
>I just did a clean install of OS 9.1 on my 2400c, and as soon as i
>start up, the finder quits.  Any ideas as to what might be wrong?
>Thanks a bunch,
>-Leigh
>------------------------------
>Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 16:44:53 -0400
>Subject: [Duo2400] Re: 2400c - finder quits on restart on a fresh OS
>	install
>From: Christopher Kolp <ckolp at bellsouth.net>
>I'll second that!
>I just put my G3 240 upgrade in and did a clean install of 9.1.
>Whenever I insert a PC Card, Finder Quits. At this point, I'm assuming that
>I'm missing something pertaining to my 9.1 install. It's a default install
>with the only additional software being the Nupowr drivers and the Japanese
>language kit.
>Any help is appreciated,
>Chris

I keep a Folder on every Mac's DeskTop with 3-4 fresh Finders, which I
have copied from the OS install disk.

The first reaction to any startup problem is to drag the System Finder
-as well as the Finder Preferences to the Trash, drag a new Finder from
the Folder into the System and restart. Usually causes the problem to be
solved.

 Can't say that you will have the same positive results in this
instance, but it is worth a try and it can't hurt. It is also just
another little Mac tip that needs to get passed around.

--
In God We Trust
& Very warm regards,