using DiskCopy on 2400

Peter Zwarych zwarycpp at musc.edu
Sun Aug 10 21:13:34 PDT 2003

Hello All!

I'm relatively new to the list and 2400's in general having recently aquired one.  Since the 2400 has no internal CDROM, I thought it would be a reasonable work around to use CD images for those programs that require the CD to be mounted regardless of install (obvious limitation being size of hard drive, in this case 6GB).  Invariably, this practice seems to cause severe crashes and corruption of the drive, requiring in most cases reinitialization.  I have experienced this after installing the original 1.3 GB drive as well.  Has anyone on this list had similiar problems using DiskCopy/ShrinkWrap in such a manner? Happens under both OS 8.6 and 9.1.

Thanks!

Peter Z.