[Duo2400] Re: Internal modem on 3400c

Ben Smith ben.smith at qm-systems.com
Mon Aug 11 01:09:24 PDT 2003

If you have no dial tone then it is worth checking that you have the correct
phone cable, this is a common problem here in the UK as the US modem cables
are pinned out wrong, also cables from different brands of modem have
different pin-out's. the symptom we see is that the modem is recognised, and
passes internal diagnostics, but has no dial tone so cannot connect, try
finding someone who has the same modem and use his cable to see if it works.
Ben.