[Duo2400] Re: using DiskCopy on 2400

Peter Zwarych zwarycpp at musc.edu
Mon Aug 11 06:50:12 PDT 2003

Yes, I''ve tried that and a number of  others: r/w, r/o compressed default, etc. All seem to lead to eventual HD/system file corruption with the flashing "?" on restart.  Sometimes failing to initialize right away, and showing up as "tntitled" (spelled correctly) missing disk in Norton, or even unmounting during the system install. Is uncompressed-r/o supposed to be the least troublesome format?  Possibly something specific with my  particular machine, or 2400's in general?

Peter

--- Peter Zwarych <zwarycpp at musc.edu> wrote:
> Hello All!
<clip>
> Has anyone on this list had
> similiar problems using DiskCopy/ShrinkWrap in such
> a manner? Happens under both OS 8.6 and 9.1.

Are you making the CD images uncompressed and Read
Only?

=====
"When you are wrestling for possession of a sword, the man with the handle always wins." Hiro Protagonist

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com