[Duo2400] Re: using DiskCopy on 2400

Peter Zwarych zwarycpp at musc.edu
Tue Aug 12 13:12:52 PDT 2003

Thanks, I'll check on that Locked box situation.  DiskCopy came with the 9.1 install CD, and from what I've found at the Alladin site, Shrinkwrap should have no problems under 9.1.  The only other commonality is that I've been using an external CDROM drive that I've put together from an external power supply and a CDROM from an old PM7600. If I've failed to terminate properly, maybe this drive is somehow corrupting data shuffled back and forth.  For the moment I have been unable to get the drive in the 2400 to remount without significant errors which seem to be too much for DiskRescue or Norton's to handle.

Thanks for the help!

Peter

--- Peter Zwarych <zwarycpp at musc.edu> wrote:
> Yes, I''ve tried that and a number of  others: r/w,
> r/o compressed default, etc. All seem to lead to
> eventual HD/system file corruption with the flashing
> "?" on restart.

Try Get Info on the System file then check the Locked
box to make the file read only. That may stop
something
from writing to the file that shouldn't be.

Are you certain that all the software you're using is
100% OS 9.1 compatable?

=====
"When you are wrestling for possession of a sword, the man with the handle always wins." Hiro Protagonist

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com