Glod survey

Joe LeKostaj jm_lekostaj at attglobal.net
Thu Aug 21 11:27:08 PDT 2003

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 09:04:33 -0400 Larry wrote:
>I thought I'd expand the survey. For those who have had it happen, do
>you have any theories on why (excess sleep, plugging/unplugging the
>power supply while on, etc.) it happened? Has anyone had it happen
>after DT&T replaced the IO Board?

Larry,

My chance to experience GLOD happened when the 2400 locked up while
innocently typing an email. I pressed the reset button on the back,
and the machine shut down but wouldn't turn on again. After trying
various things like pressing cmd-ctrl-on/off, holding the reset
button for long periods, removing the battery and pressing buttons,
etc. eventually GLOD appeared and I was hosed.

I sent it to DT&T who said they "found bad motherboard". Wish I'd
asked for a more detailed explanation! Anyway, they repaired or
replaced it in January 2001 and it's been fine ever since.

Best regards,
Joe