[Duo2400] Duos and PC Cards

Gregg Eshelman g_alan_e at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 27 01:08:56 PDT 2003

--- Larry <larry.s.f at mindspring.com> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Is there any way to use PC Cards (PMICIA) with the
> Duos? Either with
> SCSI adapter (via SCSI Dock) or via the Serial Port.

One of the OrangeMicro OrangePC 486 NuBus cards had
a PC Card slot in the back, but I doubt there was
any way to access it from the Mac System.

PC Card (originally called PCMCIA) is a 16bit bus
based on the IBM PC/AT 16bit ISA bus, which is an
extention of the IBM PC 8bit ISA bus.

Zoomed Video (or ZV) is an extention to PC Card
that allows for direct access to the video controller.
Available on many 1996 and newer laptops.
http://www.synchrotech.com/support/zoomed-video.html

CardBus is a 32bit bus based on the 32bit PCI bus
originally developed in part by Intel.

=====
"When you are wrestling for possession of a sword, the man with the handle always wins." Hiro Protagonist