Duos and PC Cards

Dan K macdan at comcast.net
Thu Aug 28 17:24:56 PDT 2003

Vic Duong <vduong at mac.com> wrote:
>PC cards are a possibility if there exists a NUBUS PC card adapter like the
>PCI offerings. Anyone knows if this beast exists?
I don't know but I've never seen such a thing.

>From where I sit, the issues are twofold:

1) a cards other than storage require a specially written driver. Even if
such a beast as a nubus-PCcard adapter did exist, having to write one's
own driver from scratch would deter all but the most determined (and
talented!)

B) I think the OP wanted to use a wireless card with their Duo, a
requirement for nubus would largely negate the need for such a thing.

     and

III) having written the above, I really should at least stuff a WiFi card
into a scsi PC card adapter and see what happens.

Dan K

http://macdan.n3.net/
carracho://dankephoto.dhs.org:9700
hotline://dankephoto.dhs.org:9500