Re Browsers and modems

Paul Simons phsra at voicenet.com
Thu Dec 4 14:52:10 PST 2003

  Hello Art and all, the 540c with Netscape isn't here, but I think it's
version 4.01 that  I have on it and that works. In any case, the latest
version that is rated to work with the 68030 processor. I would have
liked to have run iCab, it's so compact on the hard drive, but it
freezes too much.

  I would value any input on internal modems. Do they ever work? how
can you identify what maker and model ? Constant 'another program
is using that port' messages, even when I've turned off every Apple
Talk or other possible conflict.