D-Link DFE-690TXD in 2400c

Josh Keady joshkeady at msn.com
Thu Dec 4 18:33:23 PST 2003

I bought a cheapo D-Link DFE-690TXD ethernet card for my 2400c and am
having a few problems with it.  First of all, it IS a cardbus card and
I have done the cardbus mod on the PowerBook.  I'm running OS 9.1, the
machine will not boot with the card installed, you must insert the card
after the OS begins loading (that is, the splash screen with the status
bar.)  It does show up on the desktop, and the driver installed
correctly.  It shows up in the TCP/IP "Connect Via" menu as
"DFE-690TXD", but will not catch a lease from my DHCP server.  The link
light is lit but there seems to be no data coming in or going out of
the card.  Also, when I try to pick the card in the AppleTalk control
panel, it gives me the good ol "An error occurred, check your
connection" blah blah blah.

So does anyone have a tip on this?  I just got this 'book a few days
ago, I'm not too familiar with cardbus voodoo ;-)

TIA folks,

Josh