D-Link DFE-690TXD in 2400c

Josh Keady joshkeady at msn.com
Thu Dec 4 19:09:49 PST 2003

Never mind on that, I got it working.  It's just a matter of inserting
the card at the right time, that being right after the first splash
screen is displayed.  Then you get the option of "Ethernet slot D-Link"
in the AppleTalk and TCP/IP control panels.  Switch to those and you're
good to go!

Josh

On Thursday, December 4, 2003, at 06:33 PM, Josh Keady wrote:

> I bought a cheapo D-Link DFE-690TXD ethernet card for my 2400c and am
> having a few problems with it.  First of all, it IS a cardbus card and
> I have done the cardbus mod on the PowerBook.  I'm running OS 9.1, the
> machine will not boot with the card installed, you must insert the
> card after the OS begins loading (that is, the splash screen with the
> status bar.)  It does show up on the desktop, and the driver installed
> correctly.  It shows up in the TCP/IP "Connect Via" menu as
> "DFE-690TXD", but will not catch a lease from my DHCP server.  The
> link light is lit but there seems to be no data coming in or going out
> of the card.  Also, when I try to pick the card in the AppleTalk
> control panel, it gives me the good ol "An error occurred, check your
> connection" blah blah blah.
>
> So does anyone have a tip on this?  I just got this 'book a few days
> ago, I'm not too familiar with cardbus voodoo ;-)
>
> TIA folks,
>
> Josh

---
"I did not wish to live what was not life, living is so dear; nor did I
wish to practice resignation unless it was quite necessary."

Henry David Thoreau