firewire and usb

Donald McCaig McCaig at va.tds.net
Fri Dec 5 05:03:05 PST 2003

Dear Gurus,
	Several times I've asked the list for help with getting firewire to
work on my 2400c/240 without much information. Since this has always been
an unusually helpful list, I wonder if the reason for the silence has been
that everybody else's firewire worked satisfactorily.
	I have tried every possible driver combo on 8.6 and 9.1 and
firewire works - erratically. Usually my card doesn't come up and the
finder quits, or, if I insert on 8.6 before start up, it locks with a dark
screen until I remove the firewire card. But sometimes - rarely firewire
works fine on both OS's.
	Ditto - as I finally realized - with my McCally USB card.
	I may have a "Eureka!" and would like to ask your opinions.
	PS two different modem cards work fine.
	Anyway - it occurred to me that maybe, just maybe, my problem is a
mechical one that my computer  (usually) won't read my firewire or usb
cards because my Cardbus was improperly enabled. Sound likely to you?
					Donald McCaig

Yucatec Farm
Williamsville, Virginia 24487
USA