[Duo2400] Re: Re Browsers and modems

Thomas G. Monclova samoht at bl.org
Fri Dec 5 07:48:21 PST 2003

> Hi Art,
>
> I haven't been following this closely, but I just wondered whether anybody's
> mentioned the 'Wannabe' web browser yet? Its a text only web browser, as is
> MacLynx.

	I have.  I can say that I've found it to be fast.  Really fast, in
fact.  However, it has its limitations.

	There's a curses browser for Linux (and NetBSD, etc.,) that
renders pages in a terminal window rather faithfully.  That is to say that
tables are rendered, forms work, and browsing a site like CNN looks like
CNN without graphics.  It's called "Links" and, yes, it's a play on the
other browser "Lynx."

	If there was a way (and I don't think there is) to port it, I'd
say that would be the best browser for Duos using the 14.4 modem.

	-t